Oftentimes when customers come into our stores searching for an upgrade for their current flooring, they are under the assumption that laminate and vinyl flooring are interchangeable if not the exact same product. While there are certainly some similarities between the two products, there are also several important differences. The determination of which of the two might be the better choice for you really depends on your preference and the area of your home in which the product will be installed.
The main way to distinguish between laminate and vinyl flooring is the flexibility and softness of the product. While vinyl flooring tends to be softer and more flexible, laminate flooring is often firmer and more rigid. Additionally, vinyl flooring is often more waterproof and water resistant than laminate flooring. On the other hand, vinyl flooring also tends to be more susceptible to fading when exposed to direct sunlight while laminate flooring often stands up quite well to direct sunlight.
Laminate flooring also has several benefits that make it an attractive option. These benefits are making laminate flooring an increasingly popular option for homeowners compared to other flooring products.
- Durability – Possibly the most appealing benefit of laminate flooring is its durability. Laminate flooring can often withstand years of heavy traffic while still maintaining its original appearance. This makes laminate flooring a great choice for homes with pets or small children.
- Versatility – With so many styles, colors, and textures, laminate flooring is one of the most versatile flooring options on the market. Whether you’re looking for a traditional, modern, simple, or rugged design, there’s a laminate flooring option out there for you.
- Cost Effective – One of the most drastic benefits of laminate flooring is the cost effectiveness of it compared to other flooring options such as hardwood flooring. Laminate flooring has similar look, durability, and quality as hardwood flooring but comes at a much more affordable price point. This is perhaps the main reason why laminate flooring has become so popular in recent years.
- Ease of Maintenance – Unlike many other flooring types which require regularly scheduled maintenance, laminate flooring can often be kept in good condition with a quick sweep and mop once a week. When mopping your laminate flooring, be sure to use a microfiber mop that is only damp and not overly wet, as excess moisture can reduce the longevity of your flooring.
- Ease of Installation – Perhaps the easiest flooring option to install, laminate flooring can often be installed in one day compared to days or even weeks with other flooring products. If you want your new flooring installed without the hassle or chaos of more lengthy installation processes, laminate flooring is perfect for you.
If you’re looking for an affordable flooring option that can fit any interior design plan, laminate flooring may be the perfect choice for you. Whether you decide to go with laminate flooring or any other type of flooring, Dan’s Wholesale Carpet & Flooring offers the top brands at the lowest prices around. If you’re ready to upgrade your home’s flooring, stop by one of our five northeast Ohio locations or give us a call today at (888) SHOP-123. And remember, nobody beats wholesale!